Sunday 21 February 2010

Gem 'n' Bead Show in York

Hi everyone,

We all recovered from the latest hit of snow this weekend?!

Yesterday I went to the Gem ‘n’ Bead show at York Racecourse. I managed to get there about 20 minutes after it opened and stayed for around an hour and a half. It was getting really busy by the time I left, with the usual crush of people around tables, so I was glad i got there early. I didn’t go too overboard with my purchases – most unlike me! – I just got a few nice glass crystal beads to make a necklace for my cousin, lots of little charms and a few magazines. The show is in a large U-shaped room, with a little under half allocated for bead stalls.







The rest of the space had sellers of crystals and gemstones, hence the ‘gem’ part in the show’s name. There were some really beautiful crystals on show so it was nice to have a browse around there for a little while too. When I was younger I used to collect tumbled, smooth gemstones so it was nice to see names of familiar stones such as rose quartz, carnelian, amethyst and see some more unusual gemstones too.

I’ll leave you with a picture of Hef enjoying a hop around the garden yesterday :)


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, look at all those beads! I'm going to the one at Brighton racecourse in March :D
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh ... ***drool** lots of lovely beads & a cute little bunny ... what more could a blog entry need! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy - You'll have a fab time at Brighton, there's lots to see. Try to get there early if you can to avoid the rush!

    Maria - Thank you! Perhaps I should combine the two and make a beaded bunny? There's a thought... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about that show! must go next year must go next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a shame you missed it this year, Rachel, one to mark on the calendar for next year. Do you know about the one in Harrogate in March? That one is even better, with 2 large halls dedicated to jewellery making. Here's the link for you http://www.beadwork.net/mar_harrogate_beadfair.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, thank you!